Tuesday 29 November 2011

Desperate what wives?

To all you British folk last night this lot appeared on your screens.
DESPERATE SCOUSEWIVES.

Right then. As a Liverpool born girl it made me laugh as some of the things are common to our scouse (The name us Liverpudlians give ourself) culture. The "scouse brow", going out with rollers in, that accent are all things that I commonly see. Most people from Liverpool are nothing like the stereotypes portrayed in this awful show as you can imagine. Just like all Essex girls aren't the same as the TOWIE lot. I cringe at the fact people watching this may actually think we are like this!! As if Liverpool hasn't got a bad enough name for itself anyway! Haha. It's cringe-worthy to see these Z listers thinking they are A list Celebrities. They aren't even known in Liverpool let alone anywhere else. It's funny for me to watch as I do like to poke fun at the typical scouse culture. I just feel sorry for all the other people who tuned in last night just to see what it was like and were just like "What?"

I used to watch TOWIE (The Only Way Is Essex) but it was just so scripted it was painful to watch! These shows claim to be reality and they are far from it! Desperate Scousewives makes TOWIE look Oscar worthy! It sometimes seemed the Scousewives didn't know their own lines but this added to the comedy value in my opinion.

I didn't think I would keep watching but I think I am going to. After all it is not all the time Liverpool is in the limelight and I like spotting places I know and hearing things I'm used to. Sort of nostalgic in a not so long a go sort of sense. I don't know how to describe it. Can't believe I'm even admitting this. 

I've never sinned more than I have in tuning into this show. Please forgive me. I'm a disappointment you all.

The forever sorry, Lauren.

No comments:

Post a Comment