Friday 25 November 2011

Why I love Holland...

Holland is so good that even blogspot has a background of an obvious Dutch landscape! Similar to this:
I love that when I am in Holland this is literally what you see when you look out the car window. You see hundreds of beautiful windmills and rolling fields. It's sad that most of Holland is below sea level meaning it will probably flood first if the world starts to flood because of global warming. So, Holland is obsessed with Dikes and rightly so. These Dikes will help to sustain the beautiful land that is Holland.

Another thing I love about Holland is the architechure and the buildings. You of course get the most famous town houses that are in Amsterdam and other main cities:

These houses are absolutely beautiful and are often along the rivers like this. Amsterdam has so many rivers. It always looks so beautiful. I love how every house is individual and has it's own quirky style but in the same way it is so typical. I'm an arty person and this just begs to be painted or drawn. It's so beautiful.

As well as this they also have very typical Dutch cottages. They're adorable and so quaint. I'd love to live in one.
They often use the water to travel in some more rural places. Agh so cute!


Another reason I love Holland and many other European countries is the bikes! They ride everywhere. They have bike lanes on every road which we have so little of in the UK. This saddens me. 

The bikes are all so gorgeous. You can never find one as pretty in the UK for a good price. They all seem so expensive but when you go over there you can get one of these beauties for quite cheap. I really want a Dutch style bicycle. Here is the one I want:

I'd get a little basket on the front and ride round looking really cute. Lalala.

Most of all I love the Dutch lifestyle. It seems so laid back and pleasant. No, not because of cannabis being legal. You cheeky things. Every Dutch person I've met is so lovely to be around and extremely chilled. They're lovely. I wish I was one. I also love the Dutch football team. I supported them the last world cup over England. I have nothing against England I just love the Dutch team. Little did I know they would get to the final! It was extremely exciting to watch, even if they did lose. I also have a fantasy premier league team and at first it was called "The Flying Dutchmen" and had as many Dutch players as I could. The remarkable Van Persie, Van der Vaart and Kuyt. Since then I have changed my team but I do miss my Dutch team and I regret changing them :(

Lauren :)

No comments:

Post a Comment